2 egg yolks
¼ cup sugar
½ cup milk
¾ cup pancake mix, (you can buy or you can mix yourself) You will need: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1,5 tablespoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 0.5 teaspoon salt, 1.5 tablespoon sugar
4 egg whites
Butter, for serving
Syrup, for serving
It's very yummy with some berries, for serving
Pan with lid, two large mixing bowls, hand mixer, meat tweezer, metal cake ring
Ready in 40 minutes
PANCAKE MIX: Mix all the dry ingredients, but note that you will not need this full portion, but you can safely take it later if you want pancakes again, for example, tomorrow. ;))
- Mix the 2 egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar, ½ cup milk, and ¾ cup of the pancake mix in a very large bowl until it's smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the 4 egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form when lifted.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter, until just incorporated.
- Grease two 3.5-inch metal ring molds (I also spilled some oil in the pan) and set them in the middle of a pan over the lowest heat possible.
Fill the molds about ¾ of the way full with the batter (do not put it full because it is very inflated), then cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until the center of the pancakes are slightly jiggly.
- Release the pancakes from the bottom of the pan with a spatula, then carefully flip them over, making sure not to spill any batter inside.
- Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, then serve with butter, syrup, and berries.